Palmer Atlantic Insurance Ltd. is committed to protecting and respecting the personal information of its customers, employees and business partners in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). We have a policy in place with guidelines to ensure that our organization remains compliant with the act.
The personal information of our customers, employees, clients and business partners must be managed so as to meet the following PIPEDA requirements:
- All personal information in the possession of this organization is protected in an appropriate manner.
- Individuals must be informed as to why the information is being collected.
- Consent must be obtained for the collection of information.
- Individuals have the right to withdraw their consent.
- Personal information collected is only collected for reasonable purposes.
- Personal information is used only for the purposes for which it was collected.
- Personal information is retained only for the period of time that it is reasonably required.
- Personal information that is no longer required is destroyed using a secure and
- All personal information collected is accurate.
- Individuals are allowed to gain access to their personal information and make
corrections as appropriate.
- Appropriate security and safeguards are employed for the protection of
- Access to personal information is limited to authorized personnel that have a legitimate need to access the information.
- Consent must be obtained prior to the release of any third party.
- Identify and communicate to the individual the forms of information being collected and the rationale for the collection of these forms of information.
- Notify individuals and obtain consent prior to using personal information for any reason other than those provided at the time of collection.
In addition to the above guidelines, Tina Belyea has been appointed the Privacy
Officer of Palmer Atlantic Insurance Ltd., to be accountable for the privacy policies and procedures of this organization.